Sam and his wife Mariah were both born and raised in Snohomish County. Sam graduated from Everett High School and Mariah graduated from Snohomish High School. He has been a small business owner in Lake Stevens for the previous 10 years where he lives with his family and their dog Auggie. Sam's wife Mariah, is a forensic scientist with a law enforcement agency.
- As your current County Council Member Sam has a proven history of reaching out and finding solutions that work.
- Sam's first exposure to city government came as a teenager when he won a contest to be Mayor of Everett for a day.
- Snohomish County and Washington State Youth of the year for the Boys and Girls Club.
- After College, Sam was a school teacher and basketball coach while living in Southern California.
- Sam was elected to the Lake Stevens City Council in 2013 and Council President in 2016.
- Snohomish County Board of Health in 2014 and elected Board Chair in 2015.
- Sam has served on the Lake Stevens Utility Committee and on the Lake Stevens Budget Committee.
- Sam was the city Cavalero County Park Representative for the planning of the new skate and dog park.
- Sam was the Lake Stevens Rotary President for 2016-2017.
As your current representative for Snohomish County, Sam is guided by some foundational principles:
- Sam has fought for fair and equal representation for everyone. He is for property rights! Whether or not you are a small property owner you deserve to be treated with the same fairness and equality.
- Public safety has always been, and continues to be, a top priority. We need to provide a safe and efficient infrastructure of roadways to travel throughout our county.
- We live in such a beautiful area with so many things to see and do, Sam continues supporting the making of the Sky Valley recreation areas accessible and improving the amenities associated with them.
- Sam annually gives out the Sam Low Rotary Scholarship award to a deserving High School Senior.
- Sam is active with the Lake Stevens Rotary.
- Sam was recognized for his volunteer work on the Granite Falls Boys and Girls Club.
- Sam has sponsored several local sports teams.
- Sam donated time painting the Lake Stevens city entry signs.
- Sam volunteered to refinish the Lake Stevens swim beach dock.
- Through Rotary Sam has done several community clean-up projects.
- Sam has been a sponsor of the C-Trail run through his business.
- Sam loves spending time with his wife Mariah and five kids: Meghan, Caleb, Mercy, Seth, and Vaden.